[TriLUG] Ubuntu migration

Mark Kempster mark at kempster.org
Thu May 15 14:52:27 EDT 2008

It's not a direct comparison, but I yanked a laptop disk out of a
6-year-old-and-failing dell and stuck it in a used ibm T40. Different
display, but I didn't really pay attention to the rest of the details,
but ubuntu booted right up. That was probably 6 months ago or so.

The disk was dual-boot - windows never worked on the new machine.

- Mark