[TriLUG] Ubuntu migration

Brian Phelps brphelps at ieee.org
Thu May 15 15:04:25 EDT 2008

Be sure to run:
# dpk-recconfigure xserver-xorg
as X will likely choke until then unless its the same graphics setup.

But stock ubuntu and Debian I have always had good luck doing this.  It
really all depends on how hardware dependent your service configurations
are.

BTW Windows XP & 2k always screws up for me when moving to drastically
different hardware like Intel to AMD or vice versa.  This includes VM's