[TriLUG] How to fill in a PDF form in Linux/OpenSource?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Thu May 15 17:11:27 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I need to fill out and submit a copyright form TX. My Acroread for Linux won't
do that. I can import the PDF into Gimp and fill it out in Gimp, and print it
from Gimp, but the type of the original PDF becomes extremely pixellated. I
can't seem to import the PDF into Inkscape.

I print the PDF, scan it at 300dpi, scan it into a .pnm, and then use Gimp to
fill it in, but that seems a little extreme.

I could print it, fill it in with pen, and then scan the result, but my
handwriting is illegible.

So what's a good way to fill in a PDF form in Linux/OpenSource?

Thanks

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author: Universal Troubleshooting Process books and courseware