[TriLUG] Live Linux on USB Flash Drive

Scott G. Hall ScottGHall at BellSouth.Net
Fri May 16 22:04:19 EDT 2008

Can somebody point me to some boiler-plate instructions for creating
a bootable USB flash drive of a live Linux from an CD ISO file of the
same?  I have run across several on the web, and none of the
instructions seem to work.  I have confirmed that my test system will
boot to an external USB drive (an external USB IDE drive with Linux,
and a bootable USB flash drive with MS-DOS).  I suspect that I may be
running into a filesystem type issue, but I am not sure.

--
Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA