[TriLUG] Postfix config to catch all domains

Aaron Schrab aaron at schrab.com
Mon May 19 19:34:29 EDT 2008

At 17:39 -0400 19 May 2008, Randy Barlow <randy at electronsweatshop.com> wrote:
>Hi all, I'm building an isolated test machine with postfix that is
>designed to be used in a testing environment with another server.  I need
>this test machine to accept mail for all users of all domains (*@*.*) and
>give all that mail to a local user.  I know that /etc/postfix/virtual can
>be used to allow all mail from certain domains to go to a certain user,
>but how can I do this for all possible domains?  Thanks!

You could add a regexp file to the virtual_maps list.

In main.cf:

virtual_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual pcre:/etc/postfix/virtual.re

Then create a new the /etc/postfix/virtual.re file like:

.*	allmail

Note, in my experience with doing this you need to restart postfix for
it to notice any changes to the regexp map, unlike for the hash map.