[TriLUG] OT: American Idol last 5 minutes

Ben Pitzer bpitzer at gmail.com
Thu May 22 10:19:57 EDT 2008

Most DVRs have the option to record x number of minutes in addition to the
show itself.  It's wise to do this for any type of live TV, just to be
sure.  As for Idol, my wife got robbed just the same as Scott, using our TWC
Scientific Atlanta cable box/DVR.

I always record sporting events longer than the scheduled time to account
for overtime or extra innings situations, or just long running games.  In
fact, that's why the feature was introduced.  Recording any sports event on
most DVRs will prompt you to see if you want to record more than the
scheduled time.  You may have to go in and directly set it on things like
American Idol and whatnot.

-Ben Pitzer