[TriLUG] OT: RR Bandwidth Increase

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Mon May 26 11:09:21 EDT 2008

This morning at 11AM EST to the Washington DC server from Raleigh:
Download Speed: 6745 kbps (843.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 365 kbps (45.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

I have had to reboot my modem three times in the last 2 months, 2 of
those times in the last 2 weeks.  The last 2 times were DNS fail, so I
bounced it after trying lots of other stuff and for whatever reason
that fixed it.  The first of those 3 landed me on a new IP address
after 100% of connectivity was lost.  600 KB/s used to be the download
cap, so yeah for that!  Too bad they didn't give us more upload.

David