[TriLUG] S/PDIF coax out via USB?

Joseph Tate dragonstrider at gmail.com
Tue May 27 03:11:26 EDT 2008

I have had a couple of coworkers give great reviews to the turtle
beach USB Audio card:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829118107
It's USB, has a 3.5mm headphone jack, and an adapter to S/PDIF
optical, and it works with newer kernels.  If that's too lowbrow for
you, you can spend thousands more to get incrementally better sound,
but I don't have any links to that gear right off hand.