[TriLUG] looking to build a small Linux desktop

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Thu May 29 11:44:16 EDT 2008

As I am doing more and more Linux work I'd like to build a Linux desktop for
work.  My requirements are fairly open but I do want a small, fairly quiet
desktop machine and I'd really like two monitors.  I was considering using
my G4 mini for the job running either OS X or Ubuntu PowerPC build but a) I
wouldn't have a secondary monitor and b) I'm not sure how I would connect to
my work laptop that runs XP Remote Desktop.

Any suggestions for what hardware to use as my desktop?  Small and silent is
what I'm after.  Optical drive is unnecessary.

Also has anyone had any success connecting to a XP Remote Desktop session
using Linux (or a mac)?

Greg