[TriLUG] Video card recommendation

Owen oberry at trilug.org
Fri May 30 10:26:41 EDT 2008

I'm looking for a new video card, due to the poor visual quality I'm
getting from the integrated card in my work desktop. Requirements:

- Good support from open source drivers, preferably enough to get Compiz
  working on Gutsy.
- Less than $50 (I might not be able to claim back from the company and
  don't want to have spent a lot of money on it).
- PCI Express
- DVI

Any recommendations?

In case you're wondering what I mean by poor quality: I'm having a hard
time putting my finger on the issue, but one thing is for sure - working
on my old desktop, it felt like my glasses were optional, but this one
they are necessary. And this is all with the same screen.

Thanks,
Owen