[TriLUG] OT - TWC bandwidth caps on the way?

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 14:46:28 EDT 2008

I've not tried it - so I might be smoking crack on this idea... however:

If you setup one of the USB cell internet sticks on your PC (I'm thinking in
Widnows terms for a minute) - Windows would allow you to share that internet
connection on your local network.

If the other machines on the LAN look to that one for internet connectivity,
you should be able to run a couple simultaneous VPN connections through it -
though I wouldn't bank on "screamin" speeds.

WMM

On 6/3/08, Greg Brown <gwbrown1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> In my household it would be difficult, given our occasional requirement to
> run two VPNs, etc.  But it is an option.  I have less and less of a need to
> host services at my house.
>
> Greg
>
> On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 1:19 PM, Warren Myers <volcimaster at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Greg: would one of the broadband USB sticks from any of the cell
> providers
> > work?
> >
> > My employer just bought me one a couple months back, and I've ditched
> > roadrunner because of it.
> >
> > Just a thought :)
> >
> > WMM
> >

> > On 6/3/08, Greg Brown <gwbrown1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I don't have an alternative in my area.  I can't do satellite because
> of
> > my
> > > need for VPN and DSK is not available in my area.  I'm a sitting
> > > duck.  This
> > > sucks.

> far
> > me