[TriLUG] FOSS/Linux phones

Shawn Hartsock hartsock at acm.org
Tue Jun 3 17:03:46 EDT 2008

I'm under the impression that the whole Android thing is probably a
year to two years away from making it into a phone. Is that right?

I saw Android and it looked like a way I could finally get to play
around with development on cellphones again. But, last time I looked
it's not like you can buy even a demo device running Android. I think
the phone platforms are about as fragmented as the computing platforms
were was back in the 1980s.

Well, I don't really know ... I've just been looking for an excuse to
play with 3D graphics on a cell phone that didn't require spending
hundreds of dollars on an SDK and dev kit. The 3D Android demos got me
going... soo... sooo... preeaty...

/** Shawn.Hartsock http://hartsock.blogspot.com/ //*/