[TriLUG] Issuing a command to multiple machines simultaneously

Paul G. Szabady paul at thyservice.com
Tue Jun 3 17:40:18 EDT 2008

We use puppet at $WORK.  It's not simultaneous, but you can configure
things centrally and all servers can be updated within "x" period of
time.  Ours is set to finish updates within 20 mins to ~50 servers.  It
has all kinds of capabilities, including checks for packages and
installation of needed or removal if unwanted, etc...  For example, if
you decide to maintain sendmail.mc locally, you'd want the sendmail-cf rpm.

Cheers!

--
Paul
@ Thy Service