[TriLUG] MySQL service

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Thu Jun 5 17:55:07 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 05:47:21PM -0400, Ron Joffe wrote:
> On Thursday 05 June 2008 17:29, Paul G. Szabady wrote:
> >
> > I'm looking at deploying a clustered MySQL environment on Linux at $WORK
> > and was wondering if anyone has any experience with MySQL Enterprise.
>
> Use oracle !
>
> <flameSuit>
> You asked for thoughts, my initial thought is that the words MySQL and
> clustered and enterprise don't belong together
> </flameSuit>

Unfortunately, I'm with Ron, at least as far as saying "use a REAL
database engine."  Oracle, DB2, Sybase are all probably more appropriate
for this question.  I know that MySQL has been advertising their
"Enterprise-readiness" for a few months now, but I really don't think
that they have either the foundation or the experience to deliver a REAL
enterprise-class DBMS yet.

Brian