[TriLUG] Default web root

Marc Wiatrowski mwia at iglass.net
Thu Jun 12 08:55:44 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 16:58 -0400, Brian McCullough wrote:

>   ( I know that there are much better ways to
> resolve the example problem, but reality isn't really an example. )

Can I use this quote?  :)

> I am trying to serve all pages from data that is only in the west-coast
> server.  Therefore, a URI like "href=/tets1/image1.png" would be
> acceptable on the west-coast server, but should read:
> "href=http://west-coast.example.com/tets1/image1.png" on the east-coast
> machine.

Is this static content?  If this image1.png is always on the west-coast,
couldn't you just
always use the full URI on all servers or use mod_rewrite to always
point /tets1 to west-coast?

If its dynamic, I would think it would be fairly easy to dump the whole
URI depending on
which server you are on?