[TriLUG] MythTV on AppleTV slides, links, etc

Ken Mink ken.mink at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 12:15:49 EDT 2008

I like to thank everyone who came to the MythTV on AppleTV
presentation. I apologize for the brevity of the presentation.
I'd also like to thank Scott Davilla for coming by and, of course, for
all his hard work on atv_bootloader.

Links:
Presentation Slides - http://www.minktech.com/AppleTV/AppletvTalk.pdf
.config from the running kernel on my AppleTV -
http://www.minktech.com/AppleTV/appletv_dot_config
xorg.conf from AppleTV - http://www.minktech.com/AppleTV/xorg.conf

Patches for 2.6.23
Kernel Patch from mactel-linux - http://tinyurl.com/6kxqqz
Apple Remote Patch - http://cbg.dyndns.org/store/apple-remote-quirk-hiddev.patch
     Change patch to define USB_DEVICE_ID_APPLE_REMOTE2 as 0x8241
Apple Int Patch - http://tinyurl.com/67sro4
Apple poll dev Patch - http://tinyurl.com/53kndw
Apple Touch Patch -
http://mactel-linux.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/mactel-linux/trunk/kernel/mactel-patches-2.6.23/appletouch.patch?view=log
Apple RTC Patch -
http://www.mythic-beasts.com/resources/appletv/kernel/appletv-rtc.patch
Apple realtek Patch - http://mail.dapavo.it/appletv-realtek-2.6.23.patch

I won't swear that all those patches are absolutely necessary. Some
are more for the Mac Mini than the AppleTV.

Ken