[TriLUG] OT: clean power

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Fri Jun 13 17:00:38 EDT 2008

Unless you're dealing with analog electronics, you don't have to worry
so much about clean power as you do Amps and Volts. Once the power hits
the voltage rectifier and capacitors, a little ripple won't switch a
transistor on you.

I can't attest for quality yet know Radio Shaft generally has universal
power supply thingies with lots of tips.

Now, if *surge* comes into play, you might want to look at a surge
protector or UPS. Mother nature has chunked a lightning bolt at some of
my electronics on occasion and fried things even with protection.

Mother nature doesn't play by the rules and will hop a trace on a
printed circuit board in a bloody minute.

Regards,

Jim

Jim Ray, President
Neuse River Networks
tel: 919-838-1672 cell: 919-606-1772
http://www.NeuseRiverNetworks.com

Connecting You to the World since 1997

We specialize in managed services, IT outsourcing and installation of
network communications systems for voice, video and data.