[TriLUG] tying applications to specific interfaces?

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Wed Jun 18 13:08:21 EDT 2008

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008, Greg Brown wrote:

> I'd like to tie specific applications to specific interfaces say,

I'd be surprised if this is possible. Packets are just
packets and go where the routing table tells them to go. The
application has no idea where the packets are going -
whether they're sent over a serial line, wifi or wired
ethernet. So there's complete separation between
applications and the routing table.

However you can differentiate packets by ip, port...

Joe