[TriLUG] Where is Linux today?

bak bak at picklefactory.org
Sat Jun 21 21:39:01 EDT 2008

Tim Jowers wrote:
> Really good discussion. What does Mac do that Linux does not? Vice versa?
>
> Thanks,
> TimJowers

For me -- almost nothing.  And I love the Linux "get out of my way"
attitude towards DRM and other anti-free tech.

I was going to write a much longer response to this question, but I
don't have the time just now.  But today I took the Mac mini that was
gathering dust after I switched to Ubuntu full-time last year and shoved
it into my A/V cabinet.  Now it's streaming my OGG/flac files from the
box with all the hard drives upstairs via mt-daapd.  Macs come with
little remote controls by default these days! :)

--bak