[TriLUG] Mac vs. Linux, was: Where is Linux today?

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 09:19:16 EDT 2008

Ya, I got my Mom on an iMac and after showing her how to make folders
in Mail.app (after I setup the connection to my IMAPS server at home)
I haven't touched that machine.  She claims just this week that her
wifi is broken.  I told Dad to plug in a wire, she's OK and on the
Intwarweb.  I'll either fix the wifi tonight (meaning she probably
accidentally associated with a neighbor) or I'll have to tell her the
hardware broke and either pay for Apple repair (Apple Care ran out) or
deal with the wire being there.  I LOVE my black macbook.  I would get
a 15" macbook pro but I simply didn't want to spend *that* much money.
 I have yet to be disaapointed by my decision though.  INDEED my mac
works FOR ME far better than any linux desktop ever could.  And my
home server runs CentOS, as it should.  :)

David McDowell
http://www.notollson540.org