[TriLUG] Cable vs. DSL

Lee Fickenscher elfick at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 09:00:42 EDT 2008

Hey all,I'm moving soon and with all the wonderful decisions Time Warner has
made lately I'm looking to change my connectivity provider.
What I'd like to do is take an informal poll of the percentage of advertised
bandwidth that people are actually getting.
So either in this thread or offline send me your provider's name, your
general location, your advertised speed, and your actual speed.
If you are really gung-ho and interested in this you can take multiple
readings and send them with a time stamp, but a single one will work for my
non-scientific poll also.
Thanks,
Lee