[TriLUG] pbuilder problem on Ubuntu

Cristóbal Palmer cmp at cmpalmer.org
Wed Jun 25 15:46:47 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 10:32 AM, Cristóbal Palmer <cmp at cmpalmer.org> wrote:
> Hi folks. I'm having a problem building a package with pbuilder.
> pbuilder, for those who aren't familiar, is a debian system for
> building packages in a chroot so that your system doesn't have
> development libraries scattered all over the place. It helps guarantee
> a clean, reliable build. It should anyway, but the dummy build
> dependencies package that it creates on the fly for building mutt is
> failing:
>
> http://pastebin.com/f59859618

my pbuilder problem was that I didn't have universe and multiverse
enabled in my /etc/pbuiderrc file:

# specifying the components of the distribution (default is "main")
COMPONENTS="main restricted universe multiverse"

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal M. Palmer
"Small acts of humanity amid the chaos of inhumanity provide hope. But