[TriLUG] OT: Even more freeish stuff

Heath Roberts htroberts at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 15:17:07 EDT 2008

It looks like I hit 'send' too quickly...

Lots of interest in the 5si--the 8150 is the same engine, but faster, and
you can find a duplexer (C4782A) and network card (J3113A/Jetdirect 600N or
J4169A/Jetdirect 610N) fairly cheaply. So you won't be able to print four
reams of paper without refilling, but how often do you do that, anyway?

Also, I just know in my heart there's someone out there needs an equipment
rack that's taller than they are. Come on, guys, don't make me haul this
thing to a scrap metal yard...

The Netfinity 5600 is spoken for.

Also:

  Linksys WAP11. Unknown condition, but believed working.

  Linksys RT31P2 (I think--the model number is so small I can hardly read
it) broadband router with three ethernet and two phone ports. Also condition
unknown, but believed working.

  Fujitsu ORfast-R3-A-SA-Br-POTS-US DSL modem, new-in-box. Have two.

  box of random HP/Compaq rails

  Sun DDS-2 4mm tape drive in external enclosure

  HP DVD-ROM drive in external enclosure.

  APC Smart-UPS 600. assume bad battery.

  APC Back-UPS Pro 650. no battery.

and (these are less freeish)

  SMC EZnet 24SW 24-port 10/100 switch. has rack ears (1U) and internal
power supply $50

  D-link DGS-2208 eight-port gigabit switch. $35

  Middle-Atlantic PPM-8-12 8RU x ~12" deep wall-mount swing-down rack. (
http://www.middleatlantic.com/dcm/wall/ppm.htm) $100

--
Heath Roberts
htroberts at gmail.com