[TriLUG] OT: Job opening at FeatureTel - Support Engineer

jonc at nc.rr.com jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Jul 2 22:22:07 EDT 2008

Fellow Triluggers,

My company is slammed with work and the next two quarters look even busier. We want to maintain our customers expectations of excellence - and prepare for the coming tide. If you know the difference between a router and a switch and have an itch to learn more (oh so much more) - and have a hankering to join a small growing tech firm based in Apex NC then drop me a note.

We are looking for folks to do on-site network installation of VoIP systems (put phones on client desks), handle first level support calls ("Oh my I can't seem to remember my password!"), and help grow our business in interesting ways (bash scripting, playing with python and java, creating new Voice apps in Asterisk).

Below is the blurb.

Jon Carnes
FeatureTel
919-459-2309

======
We seek a highly motivated, conscientious individual for a full-time position in a fast-growing telecommunications company. Field experience installing voice and data equipment is required along with basic IP/Networking VoIP and diagnostic skills. Outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills are mandatory.

Requirements:
 - Cautiousness - an inclination toward due diligence and "looking before you leap"
 - Thoroughness - an orientation toward working with and managing details
 - Self-structure - a tendency to define priorities and exercise self-discipline
 - External structure - an orientation toward working within and maintaining established rules

Benefits include:
 - Retirement Plan
 - Health Benefits
 - Paid Vacation
 - Paid Sick Time
 - Paid Holidays

======

Thanks! We'll also be at the Meeting on the 10th (learning from the Master about DNSSEC).