[TriLUG] Bizarre web site

Justis Peters jtrilug at indythinker.com
Thu Jul 3 13:40:38 EDT 2008

I just did an experiment to confirm what I suspected and was pleased
with the results. This technique preserves the existing protocol
selection upon redirection offsite. If you have links between multiple
web properties that you control, this would be particularly valuable.
Any users who had chosen to secure their session by moving to HTTPS,
probably by clicking a "secure my session" link, would be directed to
the new subdomain with the HTTPS part of the URL in their browser. Those
who had left it as HTTP would just get another HTTP session. It makes
the whole thing appear more seamless, at least if all your SSL
certificates are up to date.

Kind regards,
Justis