[TriLUG] Shared user account best practices

Shawn Hood shawnlhood at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 12:22:28 EDT 2008

All,

Shared user account best practices?  Seemingly a misnomer.  :)

At any rate, I was hoping to get some guidance on the following issue.
 My organization needs user accounts to be used by scripts for
automated tasks (e.g. deploying an application build to a server,
logging into to check certain aspects of a system).  I've seen
configurations where certain users are only allowed to execute a
certain set of commands via SSH instead of actually getting a shell.
This seems like a step in the right direction.  Any other ideas?

--
Shawn Hood
910.670.1819 m