[TriLUG] Vista

Ron Joffe rjoffe at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 10 14:51:41 EDT 2008

On Thursday 10 July 2008 14:20, Kevin Hunter wrote:
> The tough question: is there a market for a web based and open version
> of quickbooks?

Quickbooks has a web based version, it's just too expensive for my taste. It
is much cheaper for me to run a VM with Win2K and a 6 year old copy of
Quickbooks pro (Which integrates just fine with my Accountant's current
Quickbooks software.

I would gladly pay for a web based accounting package if it was reasonably
priced, and could integrate with my accountant's system (Quickbooks). I
really don't think that it needs to be free, and I would be willing to chip
in to develop an open source Acounting program that was Quickbooks
compatible, but the quickbooks file format is proprietary.

Ron