[TriLUG] Voice over IP information

Kevin Hunter hunteke at earlham.edu
Mon Jul 14 11:36:37 EDT 2008

At 11:06a -0400 on Mon, 14 Jul 2008, James Jones wrote:
> I eventually want to add in a Trixbox into the mix, but want to start
> out getting a phone in operation.

Maybe others have had better luck, but I'd suggest being careful with
this.  We've had lots of minor, but "effective" problems in dealing with
our Trixbox provider.  They've been responsive, but it's still been a
problem.  We've also had a few random freezes with our Trixbox
installation, that are *just* enough to make me think it's not stable,
but not enough to throw it out completely.

Others please do chime in, but given our experience, be warned that it
may not "Just Work"; you may be in for a lot of tinkering.  Unless
that's what you want.

Kevin