[TriLUG] bandwidth provisioning using Linux or BSD?

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 08:24:00 EDT 2008

Hey all.  I'm in search for a Packeteer-like device that is OSS, or that is
commercial yet runs on a Linux or BSD box (OSS greatly preferred).  Like a
Packeteer I'd like to be able to define slices of available bandwidth to
specific IP addresses (X meg guaranteed to device x.x.x.x with Y burst if
bandwidth is available, etc) - and the complicated thing here is I'd like to
use IPv6 for host addresses.  But the the IPv6 thing aside I'd like to know
what the OSS competitors to Packeteer are and if you have used any I'd like
to know what you thought of the product.

Greg