[TriLUG] Southeast LinuxFest

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Sat Jul 19 23:15:09 EDT 2008

It's my understanding that the Upstate Carolina Users Group (UCLUG)
and other local LUGs in Charlotte and Georgia have started to put
their collective heads together to try and organize a Southeast
LinuxFest, much in the same vein as the Ohio Linux Fest (which is a
great Linux conference).  I think the idea is to create a
community-driven event similar to OLF.  They have started a wiki:

http://www.southeastlinuxfest.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

There is also an IRC channel on freenode:  #southeastlinuxfest and
they are scheduling meetings at 9pm on Tuesdays.

Ever since the Atlanta Linux Showcase ceased, I have always hoped
there would be another great Linux conference here in the Southeast.
It seems that given the number of prominent Linux/FOSS organizations
and companies here in the Triangle, it would only be natural to have a
local conference like OLF.  Hopefully, this new effort will get off
the ground and succeed.  I think it would be great if TriLUG took an
active role in this conference as well.

Anyway, I just thought I would pass it along.

--
Chess Griffin
GPG Public Key: 0x0C7558C3