[TriLUG] Anybody using DD-WRT?

Jason Herr hobie at mail.com
Thu Jul 31 23:54:50 EDT 2008

They were taking it out according to your thread, but it got me looking
at the code that contained it as a default:
/src/router/services/sysinit/defaults.c

Found via google, it starts wierd (comments in the head of the file
don't mention licensing, but do talk about being created by Broadcom),
and the #IFDEFs in this thing are a hodgepodge of nastiness.  It may be
they make special build options for people who use various service
providers?

heading comments from:
http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/dd-wrt/changeset/6627?format=diff&new=6627
/*
  * Router default NVRAM values
  *
  * Copyright 2001-2003, Broadcom Corporation
  * All Rights Reserved.
  *
  * THIS SOFTWARE IS OFFERED "AS IS", AND BROADCOM GRANTS NO WARRANTIES
F ANY
  * KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, BY STATUTE, COMMUNICATION OR OTHERWISE.
BROADCOM
  * SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS
  * FOR A SPECIFIC PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT CONCERNING THIS SOFTWARE.
  *
  * $Id: defaults.c,v 1.11 2005/11/30 11:53:42 seg Exp $
  */

The addresses are now only found in an ifdef for something called HAVE_GGEW.
http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/dd-wrt/browser/src/router/services/sysinit/defaults.c

Not sure what to make of it, but it was interesting reading.