[TriLUG] For sale: Asus Eee PC 701 "4G Surf"

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Sat Aug 9 14:15:21 EDT 2008

I have an Asus Eee PC "4G Surf" for sale.

$275 for TriLUG members.
$295 for anyone else.

HARDWARE
7" WVGA 800x480 display
630 MHz Celeron processor (can over-clock to 900 MHz)
512MB RAM <-- I upgraded it to 1GB RAM
3 USB ports
built-in speakers and mic
headphone and mic jacks
wired ethernet and 802.11 wifi
external VGA supports up to 1600x1200
SD card slot
4400 mAh battery (~ 2+ hours)
small-sized power adaptor with long cord
very good keyboard, considering the size

SOFTWARE
Xandros (Debian-based) Linux distro
Lots of cool apps: GIMP, Firefox, Skype, OpenOffice
"Simple" menu UI or more familiar KDE interface
Can load other distro's, I ran Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy on it

EXTRAS
I upgraded the RAM to 1GB
Third-party neoprene slip cover

CONDITION
Excellent, no scratches or dents, good LCD
Originally purchased in April 2008
Taken very good care of

NOTE
The "surf" models do not have a web cam

COMPARE
Amazon: $345
ExcaliberPC: $339-ish
PriceGrabber: $304 (refurb) - $429
Tiger Direct: $349

I am asking $275.

PHOTOS
http://alanporter.com/?temp/eeepc_vs_n770.jpg
http://alanporter.com/?temp/eeepc_vs_t42.jpg

WHY?
I liked it so much, I found myself using it a lot at home.  I
decided to get the EeePC 900 that has a larger 9" (1024x600)
screen.

Alan

.