[TriLUG] Wanted: Open Source Java Jock

Tarus Balog tarus at opennms.org
Mon Aug 11 16:01:30 EDT 2008

The OpenNMS Group is in search of a talented Java developer to join
our team. We maintain OpenNMS, an enterprise-grade network management
platform that is 100% free and open, and we make money by selling
support, consulting, and custom development.

Our business plan is "spend less than you earn" and we have been
profitable for the last four years, so this isn't your usual startup
situation where the VC money will be gone in a couple of months. We
provide a vibrant and unique work environment along with health
benefits and a 401K.

We are looking for someone with strong Java skills. Our build
environment is Maven, and we rely heavily on Hibernate, Spring and
other Java technologies. Experience with those as well as network
management will help you get this job, although the latter is more
icing on the cake than a requirement.

The ability to work to deadlines and under pressure is also a
requirement but mainly for your well-being. If that is not something
you are comfortable with then this job isn't for you. We're a tight
knit group and we're also brutally honest. (grin)

The main office is located in Pittsboro, about 20 minutes south of
Chapel Hill. In the first couple of weeks you will be expected to be
in the office most days, but once you are up to speed you have the
option of working from home several days a week if you want.

We also have clients in 18 countries, so while heavy travel is not a
requirement for the development position, you will have the ability to
visit our clients for certain projects, like our current large project
which is based in Milan, Italy. It should not exceed three to four
weeks a year unless you want it to (I'm writing this from Australia).

If this sounds like something you want to do, drop me a note off-list.

-T

P.S. Oh, I think the term is "principals only" - i.e. no recruiters
please.
Tarus Balog, OpenNMS Maintainer             Main:   +1 919 533 0160
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.                     Fax:    +1 503 961 7746
Email: tarus at opennms.org                    URL: http://www.opennms.org
PGP Key Fingerprint: 8945 8521 9771 FEC9 5481  512B FECA 11D2 FD82 B45C