[TriLUG] Job: Test Automation Engineer at rPath, Inc.

Elliot Peele elliot at rpath.com
Tue Aug 12 14:09:18 EDT 2008

Company: rPath, Inc.

Job Title: Test Automation Engineer

Company Description: rBuilder and the rPath Lifecylce Management Platform
automate the creation, configuration, management and maintenance of
application images for virtualized and cloud computing environments.
By producing application images that run on any hypervisor, rPath frees the
application from the hardware, enabling a better model for development and
deployment. This new model reduces the expense associated with developing,
deploying and supporting software, while giving applications the ability
to scale and descale in response dynamic demand. rPath is headquartered in
Raleigh, NC. Visit www.rpath.com.

Job Description: rPath Inc. is seeking a Test Automation Engineer to join
our team.

We're changing the face of computing; for that we need your help.

We're looking for an experienced software engineer to develop and maintain
rPath's Continuous Quality Assurance (CQA) systems. At rPath, quality is a
process as well as an outcome. Crucial to this is an emphasis on quality as
a continuous activity and shared responsibility across the entire software
development lifecycle.

In other words, if you believe that testing and assurance begins after the
engineering team is "done" then rPath wishes you every success in your
continued job search.

Still interested? You'll need to be able to say "yes" to the following:

* Degree (or several year's experience) in software development and test
  automation

* Hands-on skills with test automation using python, ruby and standard
  linux toolchains

* History of implementing new approaches to testing enterprise-grade products

* Track record of delivering measurable results in improving product quality

* Demonstrated ability to adapt to frequent and potentially disruptive change

Did we just describe you? If so, let's talk! If you make the grade, you'll
be working with some of the best and brightest the industry has to offer.

--
Elliot Peele
rPath, Inc.
elliot at rpath.com