[TriLUG] Updating Ubuntu

Carl Crider c.crider at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 10:51:15 EDT 2008

 My updates through the "7 series" had a couple of hiccups with drivers. The
last jump from
7 to 8 on my laptop worked out just fine. I do a backup of everything before
any of these updates though ... better safe than sorry. IMO, If I was going
from 6.10, I'd do a backup and use a fresh installation.