[TriLUG] Fedora Core 9

James McManus jmpmcmanus at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 14 12:18:54 EDT 2008

Anderson Silva wrote:
> During the grub boot screen, you should be able to pick your previous
> kernel, and see if it works to at least let you get into the system.
>
> AS
>
> On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 11:38 AM, James McManus <jmpmcmanus at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> This weekend I upgraded to fedora core 9.  Since then I have been working through a series of relatively minor issues, related to the upgrade.  However, today I did an additional upgrade of 7 packages including the kernal. When I rebooted my system, it got to grub and then began beeping, and stalled out there.  I have attempting to use the rescue OS, but need to find more information on this problem. I suspect it has something to do with the new kernal. Is anybody familiar with this problem?
>>
>> My machine CPU is an AMD (64) duel core.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Jim
>> --

Hi Anderson,

I found out, through the fedora-list, that I needed to reinstall grub. I
did not do that, when I upgraded to fc9.
I selected the default, which was to upgrade grub. The strange thing is
that I rebooted multiple times, after
upgrading to fc9, without encountering this problem.  For what ever
reason it occurred on the reboot after a
smaller upgrade of seven packages, which included one related to the
kernal.  In a moment of despair and
confusion, this lead me to think was related to the upgrade.

Jim