[TriLUG] JMRI and open source get a boost

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 13:29:31 EDT 2008

Some of you are familiar with the JMRI project (sourceforge).  I am
directly interested as I use it for my model railroading!  At any
rate, the decision affects the entire open source community.  Here's
how you can get some reading on the lastest (which is good for open
source!):

GOOGLE THIS : "US judge decrees open source licenses valid"
and you should find this and other articles:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/08/14/open_source_creative_commons_license_victory/

Congrats Bob Jacobson for fighting this battle!
and linked within that first article:
http://www.cafc.uscourts.gov/opinions/08-1001.pdf

Yeah!!
David McDowell