[TriLUG] Linux hard drive questions

Michael Ham michael at bakedhamgames.net
Sat Aug 16 17:43:14 EDT 2008

Hi Everyone,

Sorry, this is going to be short since I was writing a longer, more detailed
e-mail, and of course Windows crashed for no reason while I was doing it.

Anyway, the gist of the thing is that I have an old PC running Fedora Core 5
that is pretty much just a file server.  I have a few hard drives on there
that both contain some of my music files. I would like to combine the two
partitions into one large partition, even though it is across two hard
drives so that I can have it as one large folder for my iTunes library (yes,
I know... it's not Linux... boo).

It seems like this may be possible with Linux Volume Groups, but I know
nothing about them except that they exist.  Can someone give me some
information about how I might go through with this (or if it's even
possible)?

Thanks,
Michael Ham