[TriLUG] Is this a hijack?

James Jones jc.jones at tuftux.com
Sun Aug 17 06:47:39 EDT 2008

Thanks to all who replied. I found this on the internet:

Here is the code to check your web server referer and then redirect
the visitor to your custom sales page. Simply take the two lines of
code and put them in your .htaccess file and you're done.

RewriteCond %{http_referer} ^http://([^.]+\.)*(elliotsblog)\.com
RewriteRule ^$ special.html [R=302,L]

In this example, we look for referer's from elliotsblog.com and we
direct them to a page on our site called special.html.

You should change the domain and the page to anything you like.

NOTE: You need to have the apache module mod_rewrite installed on your
web server.

jcj