[TriLUG] Raleigh.pm meeting Thursday, August 21 7:15pm at McClatchy Interactive
bradoaks at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 16:29:39 EDT 2008
Hello Perl Mongers and TriLUGgers,
Raleigh.pm meeting Thursday, August 21 7:15pm at McClatchy Interactive
Bill Cowan will be presenting:
Exceptions, Exception Objects for DBI, and SQL::Abstract Module
Current outline for the August 2008 talk:
1. What is an Exception? (Or "how to DIE more gracefully?")
2. What are "Exception Objects"?
3. Present useful tool to generate SQL statements for DBI usage
4. illustrate how Exception Objects applied to DBI error handling?
Following modules are discussed in varying levels of detail:
* Exception::Class -- General class for exception objects.
* Exception::Class::DBI -- Sub-class for DBI error handling.
* SQL::Abstract -- Helper class to generate SQL statements.
* DBI -- Only for the error handling aspects.
As always an RSVP email to me is appreciated but not required.
<a href="mailto:bradoaks at gmail.com?subject=August+meeting+RSVP">mailtolink</a>
McClatchy Interactive -- 1100 Situs Court, Raleigh, North Carolina
McClatchy Interactive is relatively near Crossroads on the edge of
Raleigh and Cary. The driveway is very near the intersection of Jones
Franklin Road and US1/Hwy64. On the map link above, click on the blue
flag, and then click 'To Here' to get directions. The Google Maps
directions get you to the end of Capital Center Drive; I have drawn in
the small additional line for getting into the parking lot.
More information about the TriLUG