[TriLUG] OT: WTB: fan for a ThinkPad T43

James Jones jc.jones at tuftux.com
Fri Aug 22 20:24:30 EDT 2008

Cristobal:

Sometime ago, some gave me a dell laptop because a repair location had
told him the fan was defective. Turns out the fan is controlled by
software that needed a patch. Hope that is not the case with you. The
laptop fan runs fine to this day.

jcj

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 12:00 PM, Ryan Leathers
<rleathers at americanri.com> wrote:
> Cristóbal Palmer wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 11:38 AM, Greg Brown <gwbrown1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Cristóbal:
>>>
>>> Do you know if the fan from a T-42 is the same?  If so we've got a zillion
>>> of these things floating around the company.  I'm sure I can dig up a fan
>>> from desktop support..
>>>

>> Unfortunately I'm not sure. The lenovo/IBM websites are pointing me to
>> part# 26R9074, which is $57 before shipping.... ick.
>>
>> I've been instructed by more seasoned individuals to seek out the
>> manual, remove the fan, clean it thoroughly, and see if that doesn't
>> fix. Still... if anybody has a fan....
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
> I have no idea if this will help you, but about 4 years ago I had a
> thinkpad (some model) that took a dive. It was ruined but I pulled out a
> number of parts, one of which was the fan, for a moment such as this.
> I'll find the bag of parts I saved and you are welcome to them if you like.

Jc Jones
Blogs - http://www.wendellgeek.com/weblog/
http://jonesjc.wordpress.com/
http://kixtech.blogspot.com/