[TriLUG] might be OT: your audio stream setup[s]

Joseph Tate dragonstrider at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 09:25:52 EDT 2008

I've used netjuke before successfully, but that was several years ago.
 I think the project has since been renamed to jinzora.  I think
instead I'd just set up mt-daapd and pick media players that can
play/browse iTunes shares.

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 9:45 PM, Neil L. Little <nllittle at embarqmail.com> wrote:
> VLC
>
> I have seen it done on a PVR written in PHP called SlugPlayer (NSLU2)
> Of course the part to make it run was done in bash.
> The commands can be rather long but are handled as variables
>
> 73,
> Neil,WA4AZL
> JARS Forever!!
> www.jars.net
>
> Carl Crider wrote:
>> I have an extra PC at home and want to set up the [easiest]
>> streaming server that I can. Thinking about an Ubuntu or Debian
>> server without the GUI, etc.
>>
>> Suggestions from the group? There are a million configurations
>> on the web, so it's a tough choice. <-- Not really, just want to hear
>> what others have done.
>>
>> Thnx
>>
>> Carl

Joseph Tate
Personal e-mail: jtate AT dragonstrider DOT com
Web: http://www.dragonstrider.com