[TriLUG] might be OT: your audio stream setup[s]

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Fri Aug 29 10:04:00 EDT 2008

My only experience is with what is now called SqueezeCenter (formerly know
as SlimSever) - an open-source project sponsored by Slim Devices.  I tried
it because of their SqueezeBox hardware - which of course is tied closely
to it.  But I frequently use it to stream to the player on my PC.  It can
stream to multiple devices at a time.  It is GPL and has a pretty big group
of plugins contributed by the community.

http://www.slimdevices.com/pi_features.html

I'm using a pretty old version but it works well.  I've been running it on
Fedora Core for about 4 years. I'll be upgrading to their latest very soon.

OT - if you haven't seen their hardware - they have some nice stuff. They
have some reasonably priced bits as well as very high quality components and
support for high-end formats like FLAC.  They even have a wireless (802.11g)
remote with a beautiful 2.5" color LCD.

Chris

Carl Crider wrote:
> I have an extra PC at home and want to set up the [easiest]
> streaming server that I can. Thinking about an Ubuntu or Debian
> server without the GUI, etc.
>
> Suggestions from the group? There are a million configurations
> on the web, so it's a tough choice. <-- Not really, just want to hear
> what others have done.
>
> Thnx
>
> Carl

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Website Load Testing and Stress Testing Software & Services