[TriLUG] Sept 9 meeting: Technology to collaborate, meet and communicate

Judy Hallman hallman at email.unc.edu
Fri Aug 29 13:45:48 EDT 2008

NetTuesday/Triangle 501 Tech Club Meeting, Tuesday, September 9, 2008 at
Wake County West Regional Library, gather at 6:30, presentation starting
at 7:00:

This month Paula Jones, Technology Director for the N.C. Center for
Nonprofits, and Nancy Shoemaker, Consultant at Shoemaker Group, will
discuss ways to use technology to collaborate, meet and communicate!
We'll explore tools that allow you to share your desktop, documents, and
presentations and look at options for audio/web conferencing too.

You'll walk away with new ideas and tools to help you reach your
constituents without having to spend hundreds at the gas pump.

Wake County West Regional Library
4000 Louis Stephens Drive
Cary, NC 27519
Phone: 919-463-8500
http://www.wakegov.com/libraries/locations/westregional/default.htm
Be sure to get directions to the Library and take the phone number with
you in case you get lost.

We look forward to seeing you there! Please RSVP at
http://netsquared.meetup.com/22/

This is a lovely, very new library, with a nice meeting room.
Pizza & Beverages will be served, sponsored by NTEN & RTPNet. (Donations
are also welcome but not required)

We will also have a guest sponsor! We received a donation of LIVE Energy
Drinks, check them out at http://www.drinklive..... LIVE has an
interesting business model "50% of the profit from every purchase is
donated directly to charity, which means every purchase is an
opportunity to contribute to a cause."

Judy Hallman, RTPnet volunteer since 1989