[TriLUG] Debian etch/x/kde config help needed

FBJ 222fbj at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 12:25:22 EDT 2008

Hi all - i'm not a pro like most on this list, but.... I've screwed up a
debian/kde system on an old sony laptop.  The system was working fine and
after installing some new apps, I now boot to a x/terminal session (or
maintmode prompt).  I've tried a few things via various forum posts but am
still stuck.

If anyone is interested in a quick job - I'd paypal $30 for an hour of chat
support (hopefully that is enough time to fix this).  Some history is at
http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/linux-desktop-x-windows/129569-why-am-i-getting-dumped-into-x-terminal-session.html

thanks