[TriLUG] Help with caching dns server

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Tue Sep 16 21:48:18 EDT 2008

OK...tried that...something broke. When i ping www or any of the
"websites", the ip assigned me from dyndns.com is returned, not 192.168.0.1.

In my /etc/named.conf:
<snip>
zone "home.linux" {
type master;
file "home.linux.zone";
};
</snip>

In my home.linux.zone file:

$TTL 900
@ IN SOA ns.mydomain.local. my.email.address. (
200809160 ; serial, todays date + todays serial #
8H ; refresh, seconds
2H ; retry, seconds
4W ; expire, seconds
900 ) ; minimum, seconds
;
NS ns ; Inet Address of name server

@ IN A 127.0.0.1
ns IN A 192.168.0.1
www IN A 192.168.0.1
royvestal.homelinux.org IN A 192.168.0.1
lmr.gotdns.com IN A 192.168.0.1
rpp.linuxmaniac.net IN A 192.168.0.1