[TriLUG] Southeast LinuxFest

Tim Jowers timjowers at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 07:55:59 EDT 2008

This is a great idea. How related is the open source conference already
hosted in the Triangle each year?

Would you drive 3 hours to Charlotte for the Fest? Fly to Atlanta? What
would need to be offered to get you to go to it?

I hosted the SC Tech Expo a few years ago and was very successful with
getting companies to come but not successful with people despite TV,
newspaper, online, email lists, and direct contacts.

To be successful the Fest has to soul search really what the market wants.

For me, I'm not available during the week probably but *might* make it on a
Sat or Sun. I skipped the last several TriLUG presentations due to a new
baby and have now moved too far away. Those are excellent so I'm not sure
how much better a Linux Fest would be. I guess I'd have to believe there was
something revolutionary going on. Maybe a new and better way to do UI's or
some movement to start a hardware company to sell real, customized Linux
laptops to supplant Winblows and Mac. Another idea would be a game platform.
It would be possibel to make a "Rock Jam", "Dance Evolution" or any other
platform as a Linux project/product. Linux already is the best server OS and
among the best Desktop OS; so, that would not be too exciting for me
personally.

My $.02.
TimJowers