[TriLUG] Avi to flash?

Peter Long triluglist at petelong.com
Fri Sep 19 11:26:40 EDT 2008

Paul,

Another good flv player is
http://www.jeroenwijering.com/?about=JW_FLV_Media_Player. I prefer the
default look of it to FlowPlayer. The site has reasonably good docs on how
to use it. I used it on Wordpress not Gallery so I am not sure how hard it
would be to integrate it with your gallery. Wordpress had a plugin for it
which made things much easier. It seems (from this:
http://codex.gallery2.org/Gallery2:Modules:flashvideo) that Gallery already
has a flash module. So maybe all you need is to use ffmpeg to convert the
avi to flv and upload it. I have never used the Gallery Flash Module so I
cannot say how well it works.

Good Luck

Peter Long