[TriLUG] Career planning - certs(?)

Kristopher Kane kristopher.kane at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 22:41:11 EDT 2008

> There's plenty you can learn at home for far less than an RHCE costs,
> and it gets you buzzwords for resume fodder

With that said, what can you put on your resume that is learned in the home
lab?  I realize knowledge is knowledge regardless of where you learned it,
but if I setup LDAP at home and my 8 year olds uses it to login, that
doesn't exactly count as experience.  I believe in certain certifications
because they put a professional face on your home grown experience.

-Kane