[TriLUG] New to the area now, and DSL issues

Jason Watts jsnonzzr at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 10:31:48 EDT 2008

  - Time Warner Cable is usually the best in terms of up-time and real
  throughput.  Other compaines, such as Earthlink, use TWC's transport and
  they are reported to be equally as solid (I've never used them).

in charlotte, I had so many issues with TW.  I would call for support, and
they would tell me it would be 2 or 3 weeks before someone would show up...
at which point, my internet would start working on its own... and no one
would ever show up.

I also had the issue of every friday, between 6 and 9, it would usually go
down for a day.... or the whole weekend.  I got tired of that and their non
support so I switched to DSL.  had an issue with that and they had someone
out there the next day... which was the day after thanksgiving.  and they
showed up and fixed it... havent had an issue out of it since ... except
last night...  also, my up and down 6/.5  were right on par with what I was
paying for.